Welcome to the website of the Shiatsu Therapy Association of Australia Inc. (STAA), founding member of the Natural Medicine Register and the peak body representing professionally trained shiatsu therapists across Australia. We are a non-profit organisation established in 1987.
STAA accredited therapists are the most highly trained shiatsu therapists in Australia, meeting defined standards in helping people achieve optimum health and wellbeing.
STAA is dedicated to:
- supporting and representing members through a national network
- increasing public awareness of shiatsu
- ensuring members meet the highest standards of training and practice.
STAA aims to advance the profession through:
- the development of ethical guidelines and practice standards
- accreditation of schools offering the Diploma in Shiatsu and Oriental Therapies
- liaising with relevant government bodies
- establishing and monitoring the continuing professional development and education of members.
Through this website we aim to be accessible to all those interested in shiatsu and STAA - practitioners, clients, stakeholders and the community.